HPARC Sunday Night Two Meter Net
The Hazel Park Amateur Radio Club hosts a weekly FM voice net every Sunday at 9 PM ET. This net first started in 1968, when it began as an AM simplex net. Today, it is held on the DART VHF repeater (146.640 MHz, 100.0 Hz PL, negative offset), and can also be reached using the DART UHF repeater (443.225 MHz, 107.2 Hz PL, positive offset), Echolink (“W8HP-R” or node 980938), and IRLP (node 4520).
We welcome all licensed amateur radio operators from anywhere in the world; you do not have to be an HPARC member to participate, nor do you need to be located in or near Hazel Park. Some of our net regulars come from as far as Sydney, Australia and the Kingdom of Thailand!
Our net manager is Bob, N8REL, and here is the current list of net control operators:
- Mike, K8WU (first Sunday of the month)
- Leonard, AD8FK (second Sunday of the month)
- Bob, N8REL (third Sunday of the month)
- John, W8TOY (fourth Sunday of the month)
- Mike, N8VDZ (fifth Sunday of the month, for those months that have them)
If you are an HPARC member and are interested in being a net control operator for this net, we would love to hear from you! Please contact Bob, N8REL, for more information.
Al’s Geezer Net
In addition, HPARC Field Day Chairman and DART technical lead John, AA8UU, hosts a weekly 10 meter CW net every Tuesday at 8 PM ET on 28.028 MHz. The net is generally called at 15 WPM, but you may check in at whichever speed you are most comfortable sending. This is an informal net; feel free to listen and copy along.
There is an “afterglow” net after the CW net closes (usually by 8:20 PM or so) on the DART UHF repeater (443.225 MHz, 107.2 Hz PL, positive offset).
Other Area Nets
Additionally, there are other nets which are run by club members, friends of the club, and other clubs in the area:
- Southfield Amateur Radio Service (SARS) Net – every Tuesday at 8:05 PM ET on the DART VHF repeater (net manager: Jeff, KA8PHP)
- USECA 2 Meter Vertical Sideband Net – daily at 8:30 PM ET on 144.230 MHz USB (net managers: Chuck, N8ZA, and Leonard, N8YBY)
- Warren Double Nickel Local Repeater Net – every Monday at 7:00 PM ET on the KA8WYN repeater at 443.550 MHz 107.2 Hz PL (net manager: Don, WA8E)